Visiting the Center
River Bridge is a child advocacy center, where the needs of your child always come first. At River Bridge, you’ll find a child-friendly, comfortable and warm setting for your child to be able to talk about what happened, and to receive any needed services.
What happens at River Bridge?
1. Our Victim Advocate will greet you and your child, and get you settled in our front room.
2. You will have an opportunity to meet privately with the investigators and to get questions answered.
3. The Forensic Interviewer will speak one-on-one with your child, using open-ended, developmentally appropriate questions.
4. You and your child will have the opportunity to meet with our Mental Health Therapist, and to learn how counseling may be helpful.
5. Your child may be referred for a medical exam or check-up. Depending upon scheduling, this may occur on the day of the interview, or be set for a later time.
6. Before you leave, you will know what the investigators’ next steps are.
Due to limited space at River Bridge and in order to ensure your privacy, please make your caseworker or law enforcement officer aware of anyone coming with you to River Bridge. River Bridge is also a Cell Phone Free Zone.
How do I prepare my child for our visit?
Se Habla Espanol